Solar Pill: Is It The Best Way to Maintain a Warm a Pool?
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nothing beats the rush of diving into a warm swimming pool. A warm pool is pleasant and relaxes you to take a dip and do a few flaps before heading to work in the morning. Unfortunately, keeping your pool heated is a daily battle against the elements if you’re like most pool owners.
Finding the best way to maintain a warm pool can be challenging and time-consuming. There are so many options to pick from that it might be difficult to keep track of them all. You can go the traditional route and install electric or gas heaters, or you can be creative and save money on monthly heating expenditures by utilizing natural sunlight.
If you’re wondering what Solar Pill is and whether it is the best way to maintain a warm pool, then this article is exclusively a treat for you. Continue reading to find out more.
What is a solar pill for a pool?
Solar Pill for a pool is the world’s first pill-shaped pool blanket designed to keep your pool warm and avoid evaporation.
Solar Pill minimizes heat loss by forming an ultra-thin, invisible barrier on the water’s surface to reduce evaporation.
Its patented pre-measured delivery system gradually releases the formula into the filtration system to allow optimum coverage. Replace when necessary to maintain water temperature.
Solar Pill can be used with all types of sanitizers. For best results, angle the returns downward to decrease water surface movement, as Solar Pill is most effective in still water.
Characteristics and Advantages
- The Solar Pill is a device that prevents heat loss and evaporation from pool water.
- Other liquid blankets have been demonstrated to be 20% less effective than this one.
- It is inexpensive to buy and simple to operate.
- It only needs to be done once a month.
- It features a straightforward delivery technique.
- It’s made of non-flammable materials.
- It generates a non-toxic, biodegradable film that is undetectable.
- It covers the entire surface for at least 30 days.
- Automatic pool cleaners will not affect its efficiency.
- It can be used to create a variety of pool finishes.
- It’s safe to use with all common sanitizers and pool additives.
- It comes in an eye-catching counter display that is likely to catch customers’ attention.
Once a month, the Pill should be placed in the skimmer basket.
It will empty its contents into the pool within 6 hours after being pierced as instructed and placed in the skimmer basket.
After the Pill has been taken from the skimmer basket, it can easily be thrown away with normal trash.
Tips On How to Maintain Your Pool Warm While Saving Energy.
Heating a pool requires a lot of energy and might result in expensive heating bills.
However, installing an energy-efficient pool heater and adopting steps to reduce pool heating costs will help you enhance your swimming pool’s heating and energy efficiency.
Below are some energy-saving tips:
Heat Loss & Heating
- Using a pool cover will help to keep the heat in the pool. According to the US Department of Energy, savings of 50 percent to 70 percent are conceivable.
- Fencing, bushes, landscaping, and cabanas that shield your pool from the prevailing winds will help to keep it warm.
- If your pool heater is more than five years old, a new high-efficiency gas heater will almost certainly save you money on your power bills.
- Compared to a gas heater, a pool heat pump can save up to 80% on energy. Consult a pool professional to check if a heat pump is suitable for your area.
- Reduce your heater or heat pump thermostat settings by eight to ten degrees during the week if you only use your pool on weekends.
- Turn off the pool heater or heat pump, including the pilot light, when going on vacation for more than a week.
- According to the National Swimming Pool Institute and the American Red Cross, the most healthy swimming temperature is 78 degrees. Reduce the temperature of your heater or heat pump to 78 degrees or lower to save energy.
- To automate the hours of operation, use a timer or a control system.
- Make sure your heater or heat pump is operational before reopening your pool.
- Replace your pool pump with one that uses less energy.
- Compared to one- or two-speed pumps with induction motors, new variable speed pumps with permanent magnet motors and digital controls can save up to 90% in utility expenditures.
- If you’re using an energy-efficient one- or two-speed pump, check sure it’s the right size for your pool.
- Reduce the length of time the machine is running or the speed it is running to save energy.
- Reduce the filter run time if you’re utilizing a one-speed pump. Water should be cycled through the filter once every 24 hours in general.
- Use the lowest speed on a two-speed or variable-speed pump to circulate the water properly. Slowing down saves more energy than shortening the run time.
- Keep debris out of the intake grates. Drains that are clogged force the pump to work harder.
- Backwash or clean your filter as needed to achieve optimal filtering and energy efficiency.
Is Solar Pill the Best Way to Maintain Warm Pool?
Solar Pill is an excellent safety cover for keeping your Swimming Pool heating, which keeps your pool warmer and prevents evaporation and debris from entering your pool.
Unlike a solar cover, the Solar Pill has a time-release dispensing technology that gently dispenses a blend of four chemicals to help protect your pool and reduce maintenance.
You also don’t have to be concerned about pool compatibility. Solar Pill is compatible with all sorts of filters and pools, and it comes with a clarifier for crystal-clear water.
It also contains natural enzymes that help to remove impurities and keep your pool clean and healthy. Simply pierce the Pill and place it in the designated area to float on water.
Solar Pill 72 extends your swimming season by treating up to 30,000 gallons of water for one month.
As a drawback, Solar Pill is less effective against water evaporation.
Now the verdict: With many other great options for keeping your pool warm out there, the best way to maintain a pool warm is a matter of personal preference.
Thanks for reading to the end. And as always, we wish you plenty of fun!